DEAR DATA LESSONS LEARNED

5 things I learned in my first month of Data Chain Mail (dear data)!


1.   My brain thinks in "Tableau". The creativity process of creating data vizualizations in Tableau vs drawing a visualization on a postcard are very different. I'm excited to see what "outside of the Tableau box" ideas I come up with!

2.   Just take out all the colored pencils, markers, crayons, rulers, stencils, etc at the beginning because you will use them all!

3.   Always have a big eraser on hand...or white out because inevitably you will mess up!  On the topic of messing up...pick out colors first; you can't just change all of the colors with the click of a button!)

4.   A postcard is smaller than you think!

5.   Creating a data visualization with paper and pencil takes longer than you think.  Plan accordingly!

All in all this has been a fun first month and I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with!

If you're interested in joining it's not too late!  Fill out this form and we'll get you all setup or visit my Data Chain Mail for more information!


0 comments:

Post a Comment